We hope you are staying safe during these uncertain times. It’s new territory for all of us and we’re all having to adapt to working differently in our businesses as well as thinking about our families, colleagues and communities.
With the ongoing spread of Covid-19, we wanted to reassure you that we continue to be operational and how we are supporting our clients, staff and suppliers over the next few weeks.
Business as usual
We are doing everything we can to ensure our team and our customer’s safety. We are proactively adapting as a business to do what we can to slow the spread of the virus by following all Government and Public Health advice to ensure our staff are protected and our services are still up and running.
We have developed contingency plans to enable our business to maintain its operations in the event that the movement of our office based members of staff is restricted. Our cloud based phones and business applications can all be used remotely by our office staff and our field based teams will take the recommended precautions to manage the low risks and carry on with planned works.
Our service to you
Unless you have told us you are self-isolating, you can expect any appointments to carry out an installation or repair to go ahead as planned. Please be aware that we will call you beforehand to check your situation and ask you upon arrival whether you, or anyone in your household, has been affected by Coronavirus.
To protect our staff and other customers, unless it is an emergency, we will not visit you in your home during a period of self-isolation. We will however still carry out emergency repairs if safe to do so, and we will ask for your cooperation in taking sensible precautions.
As we will be seeking to prioritise emergency situations, there may be a negative impact on the speed of dealing with non-urgent installations and repairs. If this happens, we would appreciate your patience and understanding. We will of course be doing all that we can to maintain our service to you all.
Some of the changes to our daily operations
We have a reputation for high standards of operating processes and these are under daily review. Below are some of the ways we are adapting to the current situation:
- Speaking with customers remotely over the phone or email.
- Asking homeowners to email in their sizes and specifications to obtain quotes
- Quoting via email
- Minimising home visits
- Conducting installations in controlled conditions including:
- Communicating with homeowners by phone on arrival at the property
- Arranging for necessary access ways to be unlocked
- Arranging for all occupants to be in a separate room to installers while work is being carried out
- Wearing gloves, face masks and shoe covers at all times
- Using disinfectant wipes on all surfaces touched during access such as door handles
- Using disinfectant wipes on all newly installed doors and windows
- Wiping down work vehicles thoroughly at the beginning of each job incl. door handles, steering wheel etc.
Keeping you updated
But, like everyone, we’re taking things one day at a time, remaining positive while staying as agile as possible. The situation with Coronavirus is changing all the time, so we will continue to update this page as things develop.
You can find the latest Government news and advice about Coronavirus on their website.